Quote:

I just had some 20" outers narrowed down to 6" wide and had some 18" outers made into 5" wide at a local shop. Price was $175 per outer including polishing.

Just as an example for you....thier work was top notch as well.

Depending on the bolt pattern, you can also get 1 piece outers that use a bolt in center you know as well.. (so it makes a 2 piece wheel with a 3 piece center basically) You might find one of those that is the right back spacing and width for you perhaps ?

I know another place who just started doing 2 piece outers and the 1 piece outer for 3 piece centers, but not sure what bolt pattern they are..

Come to think of it, the guy I use to CNC cut centers for me had some odd ball bolt pattern 1 piece outers for the 3 piece center laying around too.

Interesting. I wonder what his cost is. my target is $200 a wheel to get what I want.

CCW is not willing to help out at all, they want big money to "custom make 2 pieces" I found a guy on a VW forum who builds/repairs name brand wheels, he said his supplier is the same as CCWs. They would make the older style rim shells with the 20-bolt pattern, but they need a minimum order of 30 pieces.

and since CCW isn't interested in ordering/stocking parts for their older wheels, I'm SOL on that route.

I hate the idea of cutting these wheels to get them narrower, but it is appearing to be my only option, short of selling them off and starting over. I'd be looking at $2600 to order new rims, then probably another grand for tires. Or, wait forever for another set to come up on a forum somewhere that works for me.

**Photobucket sucks**