Quote:

I was under the impression that it was applied from the dealer. I could be wrong, done that before. My car was built in St. Louis. The car has undercoating on it. All I can say is that I'm removing it now to paint. With the coating, it has saved my car from the cancerous rust. With that, now I'm debating whether or not to re-apply it after paint.

Some cars got full undercoating from the factory, some were done at the dealership and some weren't undercoated at all (except the wheelwells as mentioned previously).

Obviously the undercoating has helped preserve the car and so the answer as to what to do depends on you: what are your plans for the car?

In my case, my car will never see snow, never see a dirt road and rain will be avoided; it won't be going out of it's heated shop in the winter and will likely only get driven a few times a month seasonally....therefore there is no need whatsoever for full undercoating and I like being able to see everything under the car clearly. I also think that should I ever sell the car, buyers will also want to clearly see the condition of the underside of the unibody.

Now, if you are planning on using your car as a year round daily driver, I'd put the undercoating back on.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]