Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"The original holes in the outer reinforcement were .280". During Testing, we found that if the holes were increased .030" (to approx. .310") air flow was increased greatly even when filter was partially obstructed with debris or moisture."

I'm sorry, but this is complete bs! They made the holes "approx. . 310" because that is a common size die (5/16" which is actually .312) They took the easy and cheaper way out.

I getting more and more confused with what is the issue here Someone offers a product that to some can't be found for a reasonable price, some want it to be absolutely perfect that you can't tell it from an original and would or should cost as much as an original or the ebay Fram re-runs price ($400+). If you don't like it move on and go buy one off ebay or I'll sell you my NOS air filter with the bid starting at $1,000.

The issue here is that they are charging more than top dollar for a "reproduction" filter that has some very important detail items totally wrong! Anyone who knows these air filters at all will be able to tell from 15 feet away that it isn't correct. How much more effort would it have taken to get it right? A couple years ago the Fram reproduction filter was available for $75.00 They did a great job making it look like the originals did, and they made it in Canada. I would bet anything that these new reproduction filters are made in some 3rd world country, are of questionable quality (filtering wise). They barely resemble what they are supposed to be reproducing, and are twice the price. Thats the issue!

What if the company making reproduction red line tires made the red stripe noticeably too wide? How about if the reproduction tail stripes for a SuperBee had the bee in the wrong place? Would those errors be acceptable too?

If your going to be charging top dollar for a restoration part, it better be correct, or very close to it!

Ah okay.......but are we sure that there was never a reproduction filter before this that HAD the flat holes????

Check out the bottom two filters from a photo taken about one year ago