Quote:

OK, so if I understanding this correctly the horizontal bolt though the leaf spring bracket goes through the lower brackets welded to the axle housing. The upper bars connect to some other bracket on the chassis(floor). Your mod is to move the leaf spring bracket to the top of the spring instead of the bottom. (for lower ride height?) The thing that would concern me is how much the pinion angle will change due to non-equal arcs. The other concern is how strong the new axle brackets are but I'm sure some of those concerns could be mitigated with bracket design. Will be interesting to see how it works for you.

You pretty much have the idea. The change I am making with the lower diff mount will affect ride hieght, but this isn't why I am doing it. Moving this mounting point up above the spring, will change where the bottom "bar" points to. With the mount below the leaf, this angles the bottom "bar" in an upward direction too much. It would probably put my instant center somewhere about the middle or lower part of my back when I am sitting in the car. Moving this point above the spring will put my instant center in a more conventional 4 link spot, somewhere around the back of the engine. Also, I think this position will act on the leaf spring similar how the perch acts on the leaf spring, being in a similar spot to where a perch would be. It shouldn't kill the spring as quickly. In the old design, that bottom mount is further away from the leaf. Being farther away from the leaf will tend to want to bend the leaf more. Of course, this is still all a theory. Regardless, if it works, or if it puts me in the wall, it will be caught on video!

I have not been able to post up any pictures yet, as I was quite busy last night. I will see what I can do today.