Quote:

Thanks for the info guys keep em coming...it is great hearing about your combos

Yeah not in the hobby for gas mileage either, but the reality is costs are costs. Gas cost maybe a factor in how many events i do this year.

I have a 440 motor with a 3.90 stroke crank and 4.350 bore, 464 C.I., Eddy RPM heads and stock type vacume six pak carbs jetted for best WOT performance, 10.5 to 1 compression ratio, Oregon non ethanol 91 octane pump swill. The car is a 3450 lb Duster with me in it and a full tank of pump gas, 4.10 gears and 315x60x15 M/T ET Street Radials tires, 727 with both a 10 inch and 8 inch converter. Best (SWAG)guessimate(speedo is off )is maybe 12 to 14 MPG driving it at road speeds doing the 55 MPH speed limit for any distances Local driving with a occasional blast to clean the plugs results in a lot less MPG The right foot controls the fuel milegages and the exposure to tickets Car runs in the high tens in the 1/4 mile with that motor I have a dual wide ban O2 system on the car and I ended up jetting the center carb. to have a AFR of 14.8 or higher, depending on throttle position, at 2100 RPM cruise

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)