"I decline to label him an innovator."

No flame, but a correction. You must not have been around him much in the old days....he certainly wasn't my favorite guy, by a long shot, but an innovator he was indeed. He had to be, as he was outgunned by the MoPar bunch.

Figuring out the small block Vega as a competitive package was one. As illegal as it was, and it was illegal (right, Fred?), it worked. He also had a deal where he was sawing the carbs in half and running them as four two barrells....the man was a genius. Also, I think he had kind of hard feelings against Chrysler because they didn't pick him up as a factory driver after the 1965 season.

Ronnie was the best, best, ever, period. I saw Ronnie race the Grump many, many times, and the Grump was the only Chevrolet to be in the same ball park. You gotta give him credit.

--------------------
"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

I totally disagree and he had every right to be upset with Chrysler. He did with the chevy what nobody else could, just think if he had the Hemi to play with he would have been light years ahead of the rest. I feel that he was the total package and personally would have rather seen him in a car than Ronnie Sox.