Quote:

Actually Dave, I don't lie awake at night, worrying about the integrity of my dust shields, nor do I look to the kitchen drawer for potential headgear.

My post wasn't about common sense, about comparative risk, or about the brake configuration on dissimilar equipment with a different number of wheels and significantly less mass.

The O.P. asked about running without dust shields on his car. My post was an observation that he could make his decision siding with those who engineered the vehicles in the first place, or siding with those with anecdotes and personal opinion.

You don't think they're important. I get it.

The membership here represents a wide variety of life experiences and personal knowledge (or lack thereof). I've never met you, but from reading your posts, I would consider you among those with knowledge. I have no beef with you. I do not seek to have an argument. Carry on.

Sorry, I hadn't had my morning coffee yet!

Yes, bottom line is that I don't think they're all that important and I wouldn't worry about driving a car without them. I've listened to all the reasons for putting them on and nothing I've heard has changed my mind.

My car has them because it came with them from the factory and no other reason.

again sorry for the harsh post,

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]