Quote:

Quote:

... none of my motorcycles have them....

Dave

But motorcycles can't experience a sudden brake-difference between the left and right front tires if water just lands on one of the rotors.
There's also no tire 'on the otherside' which can splash water onto the opposite brake-rotor.

On the other hand, these 'dustshields' also have open slots near the center where they mount. It wouldn't surprise me if such a shield is there to aid in brake-rotor cooling somewhat by directing airflow onto/around the rotor better.
Although that leaves to wonder why a shield is only just on 1 side of the rotor and not both.

Again, there are lots of people driving without them and they aren't having any big problems. The tires are a fair ways apart and at speed, I don't believe you are getting water from one tire over to the other. As far as airflow; no, I'm positive that the brakes would be cooler without.

I'm sure the shields do something, just not much! I can see the heat from the rotor vs. balljoint issue and the shield would help a bit with water and road grime....enough to put them on if you've got them (or want your car to look stock like I do), but they are far from necessary IMO.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]