OK guys,

Got tired of seeing the idiot light on the Van on and the gauge dropping to nothing at hot idle so I pulled the doghouse and attached a mechanical gauge and ran it to see what was going on.

Wee when I cold started it it was at 45 at idle, over 50 down the road. Once it warmed up then it dropped to TWO pounds of pressure at idle. You could watch the line getting clearer and clearer. Down the road hot (No overdrive, 3.55 gears) it runs around 30-35 at 65-70.

So it confirmed my suspicions, its getting very little pressure warmed up idling, in gear or out. At highway speed there is a roar coming from the engine but it still has that 30-35 lbs pressure. let up and it goes away.

Once its revved a little then it jumps back up to around 25-30 depending on RPM. I am running 10W40 oil.

So, is my pressures okay or am I in danger of grenading the motor anytime soon? I know they are low but I would like to limp it along till my other truck is running.

I also pulled the breather and inside the baffle it was all gunked up. Probably a pennzoil motor.

- MoPar Jamie

1972 Fury III 4dr
1986 D-150 LWB Royal SE