I am on 9 tenths in an older development (i.e. not cookie cutter houses on top of each other). In general, the neighbors are okay. The neighbors are turning over as they get older and younger people are moving in. We are in our early 30s and have two little girls 3 and 10 weeks(!). I am in the planning stages for a detached garage, and I have talked to my one neighbor about it and they seem cool with the idea. There is no HOA (a point of moving was not to live somewhere with an HOA), so I have that going for me.

I think it will be okay, but I think it is important to respect your neighbors. Open headers is really loud, my wife would be out beating me way before any neighbor... lol. With the test stand I just rigged up a faux exhaust. It is better that way anyway to be able to listen to the engine, valve train, etc.

One of our neighbors is a state patrolman a little older than us. He has a truck with a rumbly exhaust and a quad also that he plays with. A few houses down a guy runs a body/customization shop and is into trucks, etc.

I think we will be okay as long as the respect flows both ways. There might be a few older folks that give me the evil eye. We will see.

383, Hemi 4-Speed, AlterKtion, D60