The neighbor across the street from me calls the cops ( severl times now)..
Last time I fired up the my 440 based blower motor I was playing with setting up the new carbs and the cop had walked up to my yard and was standing right behind me trying to get my attention ! ( I was so into the car tuning that i did not even see the cruiser pull up..
I finally seen him and rev'd it up a few more times before I shut it down.
He was cool about it and I stayed nice in responce..
The cop asked if I always do this often?
I said not until after 10:oo am and not after 7:00pm..
He said it was a little too loud,
I was easy going about it, IN responce he asked if I was calm enough to talk to the complaintant???
I agreed to stay calm, He said that it was my neighbor across the street that had called them, Then he invited the neighbor over to talk about it in person.
I wished that Tony, (my neighbor) had just come to me in person first..
Turns out his wife did not feel well and my race car was making her stuff move around on her shelves!!!
It did not help that I had the headers opened up when I was running it...
Last time I took it out on the street a bunch of my neighbors came out and I did a few burnouts and parked it, When I got out I figured that about 30 people where lined up in the yards watching me! Some came over to talk and look at it afterwards and wanted me to fire it up again, But I had not fuel left to really run it again..

Now the cops ( Volusia Sheriff Dept) drives by alot more often then when I first bought the house 8 yrs ago..
A neighbor built a big block chevy and put it into a buick t-type body and was doing burnouts and I got blamed for it by the same cop! The only defence I had was that my tires are 33x21.50's and his are much smaller, But he still comes around alot more often than ever did before...
I admit I bring it on myself though doing long burnouts in the past So it's my own fault!
I have not done it on the street for over a year now..
Generally my other cars I also dont run early or late at night now so as to "keep the peace".
Grant Eaton
1155 6th St, Orange City, FL 32763
Ph 386-561-1181

7112655-336.JPG (92 downloads)

Owner of Original collector and restored original mopars from Mr Norms Grand Spaulding Dodge.