Was this just a "perfect storm" of events to cause this, or???

It was snowing like mad this morning while driving to work, that heavy, wet snow. I ended up behind a county snow plow and was pelted with slush, snow, water, and salt. At this very time, we both started down a long. dangerous hill with a curve mid-way, and a stop at the bottom. It was VERY icy! Cars trying to come up weren't making it.

Since I was behind the snow plow and heading down hill at a slow pace, I decided to put my automatic into 3rd to engine brake some, and was ready to shift lower if needed.

Within seconds, a chime started ringing and a light started flashing on the dash. Noting I could do about it there, so I kept going. I got to the stop sign, the plow got out of the way, and I continued to work (I had less than 3 miles to go). The car was barely running and obviously in a limp mode. I hobbled to work, pulled out the owner's manual and went to my office to find out which light was lit.

It was the throttle position sensor warning light, and no other CEL were illuminated.

At lunch time, I went out to try and start it, it started just fine, no lights, no chimes, no issues. I turned it off and went back to work. No issues on the way home (no precipitation).

This a 2008 with 54000 miles on it. Could the combination of wet, down-shifting, etc. cause something like this? Other than getting hooked to a scan tool, is there anything to look for?

I've had this car since mid December, no issue like this before, rain, snow, or shine.

Thanks in advance!