Quote:

I think what you are saying is there is enough rolling resistance (friction?) alone to take up all the "slack" in a toe in configuration to result in zero toe. Does that then mean for all intents and purposes static toe in use causes no additional tire wear?

Yes, if your suspension components are all in good working order, move freely, and have no issues, there is more than enough friction in the road surface/tire contact patch to push the tires to zero toe. I wouldn't say it causes no additional wear as ther eare slip angles to consider in all of this as well, but it does minimize it. Also keep in mind that I'm referencing this all from a RWD configuration. FWD is different.

Quote:

Anyway a previous poster mentioned "give", I then used "compliance", and you used "slack", which probably is the most descriptive in this case. So the slack is considered the only variable that toe needs to correct, and that slack is from only the wheel bearings, the 2 outside tie rods, and the 2 inner tie rods, on a typical mopar? Wouldn't a simple robust bungie achieve the same result?

In simpliest terms, yeah, a robust bungie could do it. But that bungie would need to be weather resistant, heat reistance, abrasion resistant, etc. plus be capable ot snaking through all the fancy engine components that hang down from the k frame.

Quote:

So does Strut bushing compliance play any part in toe setting as the LCA moves front to rear, or do the tie rods keep the toe consistent?

It depends. Strut bushings compliance doesn't signficantly impact the toe situation during driving on a relatively smooth road and normal suspension motion within a limited range of motion, lets say 1-2 inches. Out beyond that it may have an impact. With significant suspension motion, 2-4 inches, it may have an impact and during heavy braking it may have an impact.

One drawback to a strut rod suspension is that it forces the spindle to move in an arc fore and aft during travel. This motion will pull the tie rod position forward with it since it is attached to the lower ball joint. Since the tie rod is changing position in an arc that moves in and out from the vehicle centerline you are shortening its effective length the further it moves in its arc. This shortening action will inrease toe. If the strut bushing is allowing excessive compliance, it is allowing the spindle to move further forward in its motion, which pull the tie rod end further out, which pushes the toe out.