I've been playing with cars that turn fast for a long time now and I can't really say I've seen a lot of people pushing "crazy high negative camber" on people that are just casual drivers. On moparts alone, I've seen many posts suggesting more negative camber should only be used by those who intended on pushing the envelope of driving through corners.

I will agree that occasionally the line between street and track applications does occasionally get blurred, but suspension and handling are not the only arenas where that happens.

For a street car, yes, I would stick with a toe in recommendation exclusively. Even on track cars, toe out can be minimilized. I noticed when I first started turning corners in my track cars that I tended to use more toe out than was necessary. The reason for this is because it does create a more stable transitional feeling and helps reduce some of the understeer. As my skills improved and my laps times dropped, I found myself using less toe out in the combination and instead playing with changes in ackerman. However, I also experienced a season when a track resurfacing left bumps on corner entry where I could actually utilize bump steer to initiate a toe out situation that allowed me to carry additional speed through the corner when others were still wrestling with the steering wheel. Since this was a car that only turned left under speed, this became a viable part of the set up. Otherwise, minmizing toe changes during bump and rebound are admirable efforts for a car that has to turn in both directions.

But, like so much other info, just because its on the web, even on moparts, doesn't mean its always correct. Each person needs to evaluate the info for themselves and apply as they feel it applies to their individual situations.If a casual street driver has never driven a car with a toe out situation, initial feel would probably freak them out to a point of dialing it back to a toe in situation right away. It does feel odd.