I was approached by a member of another forum, and he sent me the dimensions asking if I could build them. He mentioned there may be a market for them as well. I decided I'd see what kind of market there really was.
As for accuracy, assuming the dimensions I got(listed in that one book) are correct, these will be EXACT replicas of the factory originals. We're talking +- .005" or less.
Honestly, good luck to anyone who wants to make these and make them accurately. I am by no means saying it is not possible, but how would you put the holes in the sides? That would require about $60 in holesaws alone. Then the material would be another $30-40. Then you would need a sheet metal brake to do the bending, or know how to weld aluminum. Again, not saying its not possible, but it wouldnt be as easy as some may think.
Lastly, they will be made of .100" 5052 aluminum. They will be formed on a CNC press brake, and then the gussets will be TIG welded in factory location.
Thanks for the responses guys...I didnt see the thread was moved, which is why I didnt respond sooner. Keep the input/interest coming.

Last edited by curleysracecars; 02/10/12 08:34 PM.

Kyle Curley