Moparts

Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets?

Posted By: curleysracecars

Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/10/12 02:16 AM

Hey all,
I had a friend send me dimensions of the original 68 SS seat brackets. I drew them up in Solidworks. Tell me what you think. I am hoping to have a quote by tomorrow, if not, Monday for sure. I will probably do lots of 10 at a time.
Let me know if you'd be interested. Lets say...a set of 4 were $199(dont hold me to that, need a quote still)....would you buy them?
Thanks in advance!

Posted By: johnzgarage

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/10/12 02:38 AM

There is a thread going in the race section.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=4#Post7034790
Posted By: grancuda

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/10/12 02:13 PM

So is there a possibility they would be $150?
Posted By: hemicop

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/10/12 08:09 PM

I like 'em & they look really good. Best of luck in your business effort. However, I have to be honest & tell you the average guy can build 'em for about $40-45 dollars in about an hour. I really don't know how many "takers" you'll get once guys intersted in these types of things figure that out.
Posted By: 72N96RR

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/10/12 08:13 PM

You didnt say what material you are building them in.....I would say in aluminum 150 bucks or stainless steel you might pull 200 for a set...
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/10/12 08:16 PM

Since they have already been reproduced by others years ago I doubt you'll see a strong demand as another source for an already low demand part unless they are VERY accurate to originals and priced better too boot since they've been out there a while.
Posted By: grancuda

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/10/12 09:16 PM

I would just like the measurments of them to build some but at 150 it would make it worth my while to buy them.
Posted By: gregsrt

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/10/12 09:23 PM

So is this competition for StrokerAspen? Or are you making them for him? https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...part=2&vc=1

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/11/12 12:31 AM

I was approached by a member of another forum, and he sent me the dimensions asking if I could build them. He mentioned there may be a market for them as well. I decided I'd see what kind of market there really was.
As for accuracy, assuming the dimensions I got(listed in that one book) are correct, these will be EXACT replicas of the factory originals. We're talking +- .005" or less.
Honestly, good luck to anyone who wants to make these and make them accurately. I am by no means saying it is not possible, but how would you put the holes in the sides? That would require about $60 in holesaws alone. Then the material would be another $30-40. Then you would need a sheet metal brake to do the bending, or know how to weld aluminum. Again, not saying its not possible, but it wouldnt be as easy as some may think.
Lastly, they will be made of .100" 5052 aluminum. They will be formed on a CNC press brake, and then the gussets will be TIG welded in factory location.
Thanks for the responses guys...I didnt see the thread was moved, which is why I didnt respond sooner. Keep the input/interest coming.
Posted By: kingdust

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/13/12 03:19 AM

200.00 is a steal. i've seen them on ebay for as much as 400.00! make em,i will buy a pair. i want to build a 65 990 clone for the street so i will be looking for these. thanks. mark
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/13/12 04:46 AM

You can get the dimensions from Jim Schild's book on Hemi Darts and Barracudas, the factory blueprints are in it. The only way to sell them is to make them MUCH cheaper than what is available now by several sources, and they must be 100% accurate! I am in the market for two sets now, so I will watch this thread.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/13/12 05:21 AM

This is where I got the dimensions. There is a page of hand drawn sketches...pretty cool actually. As mentioned before, these are 100% to the factory specs. Assuming those dimensions are correct, no other brackets on the market can claim to be more accurate...maybe "as accurate", but not more accurate.
Im hoping to get a price tomorrow, if so, Ill post up what I can make them for. Thanks again!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/14/12 12:02 AM

$200 for a pair of 4 seat brackets. I need to order 10 at a time a though(12 to make it an even 3 pairs). Let me know if you are interested. Thanks in advance!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/15/12 04:32 AM

Need one more person to get onboard, and I'll have these made up. Let me know if youre interested. Thanks.
Posted By: ParadiseCuda

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/19/12 07:15 AM

Guess there wasn't enough interest to get this one off the ground?

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/19/12 04:54 PM

Looks like it. I'm thinking about having a couple sets made regardless of whether we can get another person on board or not....stay tuned.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/19/12 06:06 PM

Quote:

Looks like it. I'm thinking about having a couple sets made regardless of whether we can get another person on board or not....stay tuned.

I have to get the floor hight measured on my 63 Dodge --- if I can make them work I'll be in for a set. This is for 4 brackets to mount 2 front seats --- correct?

Russ

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/20/12 02:33 AM

Correct.
Posted By: StrokerAspen

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/21/12 12:23 PM

Quote:

So is this competition for StrokerAspen? Or are you making them for him? https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...part=2&vc=1

I just got home from holidays to find this. Hopefully everyone that said they want mine sticks to their word. I will be sticking to my price of $150.00.

I will be taking deposits this week. The designs are dead on to original for factory.

-Kenny

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/21/12 03:48 PM

If you can sell them, more power to you. Im just going off of ideas people give to me. One person wants it, and tells me there may be a market for it, so I design it and quote it.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/24/12 11:11 PM

Maybe these will never get off the ground??? Need one more guy onboard with a down payment, and Ill have them done. Let me know.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/25/12 01:37 AM

Count me in, PM me with the details!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/25/12 08:12 AM

Sounds like they are a go. Should have some parts to show in the next week or so. Thanks guys!!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 04/27/12 05:32 AM

Wow...this took WAY too long, and I apologize. The shop doing the punching and forming took forever, and I have been super busy with other projects. I got word today that these are ready for pickup. I'll grab them tomorrow and get the gussets welded in, and should have pictures to show sometime this weekend or early next week. Stay tuned...

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 04/28/12 06:20 AM

As promised...and again, sorry this thread took so long to update.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 05/01/12 02:09 AM

Just so everyone knows, I have quite a few of these. I ordered more than just the 3 sets for the guys who wanted them. Ive gotten some messages regarding the "next batch", but I do have multiple sets available now.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 05/16/12 12:17 AM

Anyone else...??
Posted By: ParadiseCuda

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 05/20/12 02:48 AM

curleysracecars, got the brackets and they look great. They will definitely add a nice touch to the interior. It will be awhile before I can installed them, got some other projects.
Thanks

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 05/24/12 02:23 AM

Glad you're satisfied! Anyone else need a pair of these???
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 05/28/12 02:59 AM

Are you thinking of doing the 64-65 seat brackets also?

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 06/05/12 03:33 PM

I could easily do them if someone can supply me with the factory dimensions. Its not a tough task...just need to know what I am designing.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 06/10/12 05:28 AM

Anyone else interested? Have quite a few sets available...

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 06/30/12 09:26 PM

I think I have 3 sets of these left...that's three sets of 4 brackets. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks guys!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 12/08/12 01:14 AM

I went ahead and got a few more sets of these made up. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 12/08/12 01:34 AM

I put one set on my Bostrom seat that I got out of an A100 can and the seats have a longer bolt pattern than the brackets. I had heard that there were different patterns, have you run into this yet?
Posted By: Tech Instructor

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 12/08/12 02:26 AM

I had this happen too.I am curious as well.
Posted By: maximus

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 12/12/12 12:01 AM

Do you still have a set available? What is the measurement between the centers for mounting to the seat and the over all length on the same seat mounting face? What is the material used? If they are the same size as the seats I have I will be needing a set also.
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 01/10/13 09:12 PM

Quote:

I put one set on my Bostrom seat that I got out of an A100 can and the seats have a longer bolt pattern than the brackets. I had heard that there were different patterns, have you run into this yet?

Jim, I have had a few pair of A100 seats and they all had multiple thread locations. Have you felt around to see if there is an indent in the vinyl where other threads may be?

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/02/13 11:45 PM

Hey guys, sorry I havent checked this website in so long. RhinoDart, Im sorry to hear they didnt line up with your seats. I have sold multiple sets, and have not heard of this from anyone. Have you checked for multiple patterns like Wally suggested? Im not sure if they have multiple patterns or not.
I do have 4 sets of these left if anyone is interested. They are made of .125" aluminum sheet, with the seat bolt pattern being 12.5" front to back, and the floor being 11" front to back. If interested, please EMAIL me. I will do my best to check this site as often as possible, but no guarantees. If you email me, I will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks everyone!
Posted By: whydana

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/03/13 03:58 PM

Curlyracecars,

Why don't you get them waterjet or laser cut, alot cheaper than hole sas and much more accurate. The average guy can't build them in his garage unless he has the proper fab equipment. They can be cobbled up at home for sure. The gentleman who said he pay $200 a set is right on the money price wise. I've seen cobbled up pieces at swap meets and they look like they were made at home, welds looked like bird dung. Aniother thing, they are much nicer looking with tig welds instead of wire feed. Good luck.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/03/13 06:31 PM

They are laser cut, CNC formed and tig welded. See pictures. Thanks.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/03/13 07:33 PM

They definitely are nice, no problems there! I will check my seat for other holes, haven't had much of a chance since my garage burned in December, I am just glad the Hemi Dart was not in there!
Posted By: dannodude1

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/14/13 02:56 AM

do you still have these brackets available. I have just bought a pair of a100 seats for my 68 dart and need a set.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/14/13 06:08 AM

I do still have a few sets. Email me directly for info. Thanks!
curleysracecars@comcast.net

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/30/13 06:41 AM

I believe I have 2 sets of these left...email me for info. Thanks!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 01/05/14 02:12 AM

I am all sold out of these, but am debating on whether to make more. Since selling the last pair, I've had a few people ask about them. Is there still interest? If so, I'll get another batch of them in the works.
Let me know if you'd be interested.
Thanks.
Posted By: coro500net

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 01/11/14 02:00 AM

I need a set
Let me know when
Posted By: coro500net

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 01/12/14 02:29 AM

Make that two sets
Posted By: chrisnben

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/02/14 05:22 PM

a set for mine too
Posted By: CALSDART

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/07/14 02:35 AM

Hi. I am interested in a set for my 68 Hemi car

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/11/14 03:27 AM

Sorry guys. I am currently sending out emails, for quotes on getting the laser work done. I will report back once I know more.
Thanks.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/28/14 03:54 AM

Got one response today, and they needed a different file type. I just sent them the correct file type, and am hoping to hear back from them tomorrow. Im going to do my best to keep the price the same as before, but no guarantees. Im planning on having 5-6 sets(of 4) made...do people think I should have more made? I think there was around 5 people who said they wanted a set....let me know if I should be ordering more.
Thanks!
Posted By: superstockmopar

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/28/14 04:02 AM

I would take two sets possibly three depending on the price for the 3 rd set , thanks for doing this ........

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/28/14 04:08 AM

Okie dokie...maybe I misjudged the interest. Lol. I will get a price on the 24 pieces I originally asked for...and then see what the price looks like if I order more.
Honestly, the more I order, the better the pricing should be "theoretically".

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/28/14 06:33 PM

Would $220 for a set of 4, not including shipping be out the realm? I got a quote back and it is very close to what I was paying previously. Would this additional $20 keep people from buying them?
For those interested in more than one set, I could drop the price to the original $200 per set, as a "quantity discount".

Also, let me know how many I should be ordering. I have a few guys who have emailed me, and would like some input from people here as to how many people would like a set.

Thanks Moparts!
Posted By: B1mopar

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/29/14 08:58 PM

I would like a set to for a 68 dart Thanks

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/30/14 12:26 AM

I will order 40 complete assemblies. I think this will cover everyone who has said they wanted a set(9 people from what I can tell, including those who have emailed me). I will place the order Monday...if you want in, post here or email me before Monday. Thanks everyone.
Posted By: superstockmopar

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/30/14 05:53 AM

Put me down for two sets but would go three if you have them available....... thanks again

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/30/14 06:13 AM

I gotcha on there superstock...thanks!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/31/14 06:06 PM

Order is placed. Lead time of 8 days. Ill pick them up next Friday.
I figured id offer a little deal to anyone who wanted to pre-order. Through the end of this week (April 4th), anyone who wants to pre-order can get a set of 4 brackets for $200 plus shipping.
After April 4th, the price will be $220 plus shipping for a set of 4.
I accept Paypal (with 3% fee added), or money order/cashiers check.
Thanks Moparts!!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 04/10/14 03:16 AM

Everyone who has said they wanted a set of these brackets, should have received an email asking you to confirm that you are indeed wanting a set. I have others emailing about them, so I need to know for sure what people are doing.
They will be ready to ship Monday, April 14th.
Thanks!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 04/12/14 12:35 AM

In stock, and ready for shipping!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 04/13/14 07:30 AM

Have 8 sets welded up and ready to go so far. Other 2 will be done tomorrow.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 04/15/14 06:18 AM

All are welded. 3 sets, possibly 5, are gone. Get them while you can!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 04/20/14 09:15 PM

4 sets gone, 6 available. Waiting to hear from superstockmopar. He may take 2 more sets from me.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 04/29/14 04:27 AM

I am not sure if my personal messages are working. If you need to contact me directly, please email me at curleysracecars@gmail.com

As of now, it looks like I have 3 sets of these left.

Thanks Moparts!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 05/11/14 09:13 PM

Hey all,
I have 3 or 4 sets of these available. I have not been able to get ahold of a couple members who said they wanted them, so I am not holding them any longer. If anyone wants a set, please let me know. I'd like to get the box off the shelf space.
Thanks Moparts! BTW, any way I can make a small donation to the website for allowing me to run this on going thread?? Who would I contact to do so. I know websites are not cheap to run/manage now days.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 05/23/14 05:15 PM

Back to the top...really would like to get rid of the remaining brackets. Please contact me if you are interested.
Thanks.

curleysracecars@gmail.com

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 06/01/14 06:40 AM

Anyone with any other suggestions as to where to advertise these? Ive tried eBay and CL locally.
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 06/01/14 02:26 PM

Quote:

Anyone with any other suggestions as to where to advertise these? Ive tried eBay and CL locally.

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/welcome.html

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 06/07/14 10:51 PM

Another set shipped out today. I also found an extra set I didnt realize I had. I now have 4 sets available. I have a fellow member who supposedly wants 2 sets, but has not come through yet. First come, first served.
Will make a deal on multiple sets if people want to go in together with their buddies.
Thanks as always Moparts!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 06/20/14 11:01 PM

Anyone interested in a quantity discount? 2 sets, total of 8 brackets, for $350? Maybe you and a friend both want a set?

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 06/21/14 03:58 PM

I will have a few sets of these at the "Mopars in the Park" car show today. Feel free to get in touch with me if you'd like to pick them up and avoid shipping costs.
Thanks.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 07/16/14 03:11 AM

Sent off another set today. Get them while they last...

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 07/30/14 04:12 AM

Another set gone. I believe I am down to 2 sets...possibly 3. Email me directly.

Thanks Moparts!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 08/05/14 04:10 AM

Down to my last set of brackets. I do not think I will be building these anymore(unless there is a group buy in), so get the last pair while you can.

Thanks to everyone who has purchased these, and special thanks to Moparts for allowing me to keep this thread alive. It is much appreciated!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 08/20/14 02:50 AM

And they are gone. Thank you SO much to everyone who has purchased these, and a special thanks to Moparts for the ad space! I will most likely not be doing these again unfortunately. Thanks again to everyone!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 12/26/14 10:29 PM

For some reason I have had a lot of interest in these again, in the past month or two. I will only do them if there are 4-5 guys willing to make a down payment to hold their spot for a set of brackets. I have some emails out to people who have contacted me to see if this would be of interest to them.
I thought Id post here to see if anyone else would like to be a part of this next batch of brackets as well. If so, please email me directly.

Thanks!
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 12/27/14 04:55 AM

Will you make some for 64 cars too? If so I would like a set
Gus

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 01/16/15 04:15 AM

B-body brackets may be possible...have a lead on a factory set that I can use for dimensions.

These A-Body brackets are a go...order was placed earlier this week. I have 6 sets that have not been claimed yet. Please email me directly if youre interested.

Thanks,
Kyle Curley

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 02/25/15 05:43 AM

Thanks for the recent orders from Moparts members. Much appreciated! I believe I have 4 sets of these available. Email directly, if interested. curleysracecars@gmail.com

Thanks Moparts!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 11/07/15 01:57 AM

Sorry to bring up a dead thread. I have recently gotten some emails regarding these brackets again. It seems another batch of 10 or so may be in order. If you'd like to be on the buyers list, please send me an email at curleysracecars@gmail.com

Thanks as always, to Moparts and its members!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 11/21/15 03:10 AM

The order was placed for the next batch of 10 sets. The first 3 sets are sold, so I will have 7 sets available around the middle of December. Email me if you are interested.
Thanks!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 12/19/15 09:52 PM

Back in stock. 6 available at this time. Thanks Moparts!
Posted By: Jpugg

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/02/16 12:15 AM

Just saw this and was wondering are these correct for a 67-69 Dart with A-100 seats? Also how much shipped to zip 38501? I would need 4 brackets.
Posted By: Jpugg

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/02/16 12:25 AM

Just found the email address, email sent!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 09/17/16 04:30 PM

Anyone else interested in these? I have had a few guys ask about them since I ran out last time so I am thinking of doing another run of them. If anyone is interested, email me at curleysracecars@gmail.com

Thanks!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 12/10/16 11:04 PM

Back in stock just in time for Christmas! 9 sets available as of now. Email me for ordering info.

Thanks Moparts!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 04/02/17 01:16 AM

I am moving out of state very soon, and would like to get rid of some inventory. I currently have 6 sets of these available. I will sell them for $175 per set, through April 23rd.
If you want a set, please email me directly. Thanks.

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/13/18 01:37 AM

Have relocated, sold the last batch and now have another 8 sets available. Email me directly if you're interested please.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Interest in Super Stock Seat Brackets? - 03/11/19 01:38 AM

Anyone tired of the broken record yet?

I have 6 or 8 sets of these in stock. You can email me directly if interested. They are listed on eBay as well, but cheaper direct because I can avoid the eBay fees.

Thanks Moparts!

kyle@ardentindustries.net
© 2024 Moparts Forums