Quote:

if you are leaving the line at 2500 I would not let the nitrous come on at that RPM. Some engines make big bangs when you do that.

I have not done it yet but an RPM window switch seems like a great idea for activating nitrous.

Whatever you do make sure you have a wide open throttle switch.

Just remember you have two sides of the electrical for the nitrous system. One is the high current side. Your main system switch and solenoids is the only thing on this circuit. Two you have the control side which is the low current side. Low pressure switch, throttle switch, timers, and what ever else you may use to determine when the nitrous is on or off is on this side.

If you are using a simple bosch relay. 85 and 86 are the terminals to the coil which is the switching side. All of the low current switching is controlling whether you are energizing the coil in the relay or not. Pin 30 is the main power terminal which in most is the heal contact in these relays. 87 is the front contact which gets is switched on whenever the relay is engized and this would go to your solenoids. If you want to make sure the nitrous can not work when on the transbrake or line lock PM me and you will need another relay and use 87A terminal.

Leon

Very Good info! I was also planning on running with NOS this year with my small block. My car runs 10.20 but the track is not to good over here so I have 2 stage system and I plan to use 70 hp on lounch and 125 at half of second gear. What do you think? We race twice a month and I need to go 9.20 on my last run every race. Also my car is getting a 4-link to replace the ss spring, I think that will also help.

Last edited by cbarracuda; 02/05/12 11:02 PM.