Yep, not much progress to post on bodywork. I have been pretty busy with work and house projects recently too like remodeling the entire bathroom . I have finished up the rear axle and springs are almost done too.

The axle housing is a super minty 8 3/4 piece from a low mile 69 Charger. I had the housing hot tanked, bead blasted and powder coated 30% gloss black. I had DTS build the 489 center section from scratch for me. I gave them the case cleaned and finished in an epoxy cast paint. All in all it is a pretty stout piece with a Detroit trutrack differential, Strange 430 ring an pinion, crush sleeve eliminator and a 7290 yoke from Mancini racing. The axles are Strange 30 spline units with non adjustable green bearings. The backing plates a re N.O.S pieces courtesy of Rich Ehrenberg. All brake shoes and hardware are NAPA parts. I got lucky with the e brake levers, I found them in a parts bin of stuff I removed from my old 69 R/T droptop 4 years ago. The e brake cables, brake lines, brake tee, vent bolt and hose are all from Inline tube. The lines took a little to get right, but the fit ok now. I located a new set of 11 x 2.5 drums to put on as well. I took some liberties with the assembly line art work, but I think it looks pretty good.

Next is the front steering and suspension. I have the K frame powder coated as well and I have been slowly aquiring pieces here and there. First things first though, sod and more sod for the front yard

Here is a few pictures of the axle buttoned up.

7182606-834axle1.jpg (396 downloads)