Thanks guys, I appreciate the input and advice.

I've been stressing over the cam selection ever since I started looking at this build, and I did a ton of research before I finally made a decision. The general consensus that I came up with when choosing a hughes cam for a stroker motor was to go on hughes and pick out a cam that is suitable for a stock-stroke engine with the same combination and then go a size or two bigger, so that's what I did.

Do y'all think it'll turn out to be under-cammed?

As far as converter goes, this is going to be a 95% street car, with trips to the track made every now and then when I get the chance. Keeping that in mind, I didn't want to go too radical with the converter.

Now for the carb...

On the old 383 magnum in the car, with headers, intake, and a re-curved ignition I was running a re-jetted Quadrajet carb. Dad has a warmed-over 440 with a Q-jet and we've had really good luck getting decent power and great fuel mileage out of these carbs, plus they're really simple to tune. So for this engine, I'm gonna try and just re-jet the Q-jet and see what I've got. For primary jets I'm running a similar size to that found on a '70 RAM AIR 455 GTO, and for secondaries I have the next set up from what was found on a 500 Cadillac.

If it turns out to be too lean I've always got more options on rods and jets, and plan B is an 800-850 holley.

Thoughts?

Thanks

1971 Dodge Charger SE 470/727/3.91 Suregrip
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, 6-speed
1980 Pontiac Trans Am, Y84, WS6
2002 Ram 2500 Cummins/6-speed/2WD/QC
1971 Ford F-350 Ranger