Quote:

Quote:

My point was that a stiff chassis will need absorbtion from its suspension. I stiffened my front unibody up a bunch and it is now glaring that I seriously need bigger tbars and better shocks bigtime.

Are you sure about that, because as I understand it, if we are talking the about driving the same circuit, and the only change was to stiffen the chassis, it would seem some of the compliance was taken out of the suspension equation, meaning a softer set-up would be needed to have exact same performance, am I missing something?

Do you mean stiffen to maintain correct geometry?

Suspension tuning is based on compliance and resonance of all springy parts, tires, tire pressure, TB, shocks, bushing compliance, control arm compliance, chassis compliance, etc. If you make one stiffer, some other combination needs to be softer to maintain same ride quality.

Yeah im positive about that. Think about that flex as an extra shock that gets taken away from the equation. Now your existing shocks and tbars are doing more of the absorbing and the same bump you hit 100 times before now makes you bottom out. Makes perfect sense to me....

Mopar to the bone!!!