Quote:

Better check your math again that compression even with zero deck flat tops unless your open chamber heads usually 90+cc's have been milled to around 80cc's.
I would buy a set of Stealth's have them looked over good, and upgrade the cam...
I built a similar engine for my Cuda, stock 71 440 steel crank, KB 237's which are about .010 in the hole with my deck height, a set of OOTB Steal (82cc)thE heads worked out to be about 9.8:1 or so and the car would run high 12's with stock converter, and 3.31 gears, and a 270/.470 Comp Cam, RPM intake and bg 750 Gold Claw carb.
I know without question it would have run well into the 11's with another converter (4K) and old MP solid cam I had laying around.... but the car was a daily driver and actually got 14-15 MPG the way it was!

I've done online compression ratio calculators and worked out the math with scratch paper 'til I'm blue in the face and I'm pretty confident about my compression ratio, but if you can tell me how you worked the math that it isn't 9.75:1 I'm all ears.

Seems like you should have gone faster than high 12s with aluminum heads in your combo. I had a '72 Challenger with a 426 wedge and stock 906 heads, Torker intake, 750 vac sec that did 12.80s on used-up slicks spinning all the way through first gear. Maybe that makes a good argument for me saving the $1000+ dollars that aluminum heads would cost me.