Quote:

Quote:

Mr. do gooder at his best

,no-one will ever agree,
just funny that the things we will accept , and not accept!
Personally if your building a car, tons of money involved, make it as safe as you can , don't wait til something has to be mandated, then cry about it when it does!
tech at almost all tracks, is mild , unless your running a national event, otherwise all they care about is belts helmet,neutral safety switch, that's about it.
chevy guy goes out and for some reason his whole tire wheel axle an all comes out the other side, hits gaurd rail , I have seen that happen on no less than 2 on the same night,,mmm and I'm a 'do gooder', whatch a guy make a run and throw oil all the way down the track, only to see him run again later blow up turn his car upside down down track , ,and I'm a 'do gooder'?
see what I mean ,

the problem with all of that is they are slowly pushing people out of racing with all of their so called safety rules. it's getting harder for the average person to afford the cost of racing. If I thought for a second that my belts were unsafe or anything for that matter I wouldn't take the car down the track. I have been racing for over 30 years and have only seen a handful of racers getting hurt or injuring others due to a failed safety device. and I have never seen a safety belt fail even before they came up with these BS rules.