Well, I didn't know him like some of you guys did, but here's my little story. I posted a topic several months ago when I was feeling down - I was going through a lot of stress and questioning things. I got several PMs from members, and among the two or three that really stood out was one from Gary, who must have taken a long time to write the long and heartfelt message that was accompanied by a phone number and the suggestion to call him if I needed to talk. I had never met or talked to him before.

Since then we talked several times, and each time I was struck by his demeanor. When I photoshopped and hosted his old sig pic, his gratitude was genuine, and when he took time to send me a message saying he liked my art, I knew he meant it, and when he said that we should meet and have a beer at Nats, I was really looking forward to it.

With certain people, you don't have to have known them for years and years to tell that they are good people. I wanted to know him better, and to be honest, I didn't know him all that well, but I know for sure that Gary was a good man.