I was looking forward to it, too. I also wanted to see the Challenger in person I'm sure it would have been inspiring.

When Gary's car made the cover of Mopar Muscle I made a trip to the local newsstand, hell-bent on finding it. I explained to Lita that I was looking for my buddy's car on the cover of a magazine. She thought that was cool, so I explained to her that I knew him only from here. I showed her the cover and said "There's Unlawfl's Car" She was impressed, but she really got a kick out of the fact that he was a cop, yet chose the name Unlawful and had such an evil car. I told her "Yep...He's one of the people that make that place so great."

As for the gut bomb contest...I'd been training with Double Mike Burgers and Cattleman's 24 oz. steaks. My backup plan, should I have started losing, was to make Gary laugh burger through his nose.

I love listening to people's stories just as much as I love telling mine. Help keep Gary's memory alive and share his moments with everyone else. We can all vent about how unfair it is that Gary is gone and talk about how much we'll all miss him, or wish we got a chance to meet him in real life, but that isn't going to bring him back...What is important is remembering how he touched the lives of friends, and even complete strangers in the hobby,and being thankful we got to spend the time with him mere that we did.