Back in July '07 I bought a maintenance free 850 CCA group 27 battery from Antique Auto Battery at Carlisle for $250. 4 years and 1500 miles later it failed. At the Mopar Nats this past August, it died and would only take a 50% charge. My car lives in a heated and air conditioned garage. With only 1500 miles on the car, it obviously gets very little road time. Basically, to local cruise-ins and back home in the summer. I feel this is a premature product failure of their maintenance free battery based on the discussions I had with them upon purchase.

I did not get around to contacting the vendor until recently. Initially, I emailed them about the issue. They called back and told my wife there was no warranty on the battery, and if I had any questions to call and ask for Jim.

I called Jim last week around Tuesday and spoke to him. I explained that I felt the battery had suffered a premature failure, based on such low use and indoor storage. He said he'd look into it and call me later that afternoon. As of this posting, I have not heard from him.

I am posting my experience here for anyone interested in buying a reproduction battery. I would not recommend one of their batteries based on my opinion of poor performance of their battery, and poor customer service from the company. Your experience may differ from mine.

For now, my old hot rod will run on a parts store battery.

Dixie Restoration Parts
Phone -(770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-5pm EST
email: mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price.