Quote:

The lower rod ratio will increase the bottom end and the added stroke will offset the smaller bore difference.

that is what i was getting at. so you are saying the extra stroke 4.250 over 4.150 will help overcome the bore difference of .065 .

would a different cam and head port size help the smaller bore fill better. would you use a smaller faster port or not

The ports you use will determine total output in torque and hp. The bigger bore will help airflow some. The rod ratio differences may or may not make a difference, and a lot better minds than mine disagree on that subject. Read the tech pages on the Reher Morrison web site. From my perspective the reasons to go with one over the other is based on bore size, and ultimately on how hard I am going to push to blocks. The 383 Vs the 440 is kind of an unknown when you look at their bottom end strength, and the difference may not be that much based on the info on the 440 source page on blocks. Neither is a good candidate for power over somewhere north of 650 hp.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky