After discussing this with an EE, I am now wondering if I am seeing electrical noise issues coming from the coil wires (435v). My coil wires and my volt gauge wire are running parallel left to right along the firewall. The volt gauge wire goes inside of the car, under the dash and is mounted next to the other volt gauge. These two volt gauge wires are wire tied together under the dash which might explain why both volt gauges are being affected. This could be the cause of a timing issue that I am having since installing this MSD unit too.

I am waiting on a response from MSD to see if this is a possibility or not. These are my questions to MSD:

* Since I have one of the volt gauges wired into the small red wire shown, could there be electrical noise from the MSD box that may be affecting this gauge?

* I have this volt gauge wire running from the passenger side to the drivers side along the fire wall and so are my two coil wires. Could the coil wires be leaking into this volt gauge wire?

* If this is electrical noise, could this be the culprit for my 30 degrees of extra timing that my two timing lights are seeing?

EDIT:
MSD says there should not be interference going into my volt gauge wiring. A bad ground might be the issue.

6969724-STREETFIRE3.pdf (106 downloads)
Last edited by YO7_A66; 12/16/11 04:48 PM.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)