Quote:

i have a 47 special deluxe, and am wanting to put a 383 motor and tranny out of my 70 fury. can i use the whole front end of the fury or what should i do. all knowledge and info is welcome.
thank you!

I think you are going to find the Fury front frame rails are wider then the frame rails on your 47 at the point you will want to splice them together. The front tire track on the Fury might be a bit wide as well, it will put the tires at the edge of the fenders, I believe. A tape measure will tell you a lot more then we will be able to tell you.

The important measurements will be: Compare the track width (being too wide is more difficult to deal with). The distance between the spindle center line and the firewall. The relationship between the motor, the front cross member, and the firewall. The relationship between the two frames at the merge point. If you use the Fury frame, you will likely need to have the splice/merge point behind the rear torsion bar cross member, or you will need to figure out a way to mount the torsion bar cross member to the 47 frame.

A 90 and older 5 bolt Dakota frame fits these cars very well and maintains the same wheel bolt pattern. The 6 bolt Dakota frames to 96 fit also, but the wheels may be an issue. I have not heard how the 97 & newer Dakota match up. Gene