Quote:

Quote:

i believe John is speaking of the repro 65 A990 aluminum water pump housing that has the early alternator mounting holes in it.

logan425

Martin, The current MP aluminium housing has both locations, I had an A990 housing it only had the mounting boss up high.

I have modified the current to look closer to the 69 housing , removed the extra mount boss, ground on the part number, there is a pentastar also in the thermo neck that needs to be removed. I'm going to epoxy putty the spots under the thermo bolts to look like the stock 69 iron housing ...

OK....yes I saw some pics of all the aluminum housings on the internet and they all have the dual bosses for the alternator mount and the water neck does look taller and shaped different.

OK so I guess all of them aluminum water pump housings are similar, and there are none that resemble the original more than any other....

Ill just buy one of the 440 source ones which is cheaper priced than the MP one and modifiy it too look stock. Ill be TIG welding and griding and then sandblasting to bring back the as cast texture...

Any reason to prefer the MP one over the 440 source one or are they basically the same?