Quote:

So Challenger, what you're saying is the man needs a hi-boost small cube combo to run a conservative 1200-1400 in a street-strip car, more than likely on pump gas/race gas. Does the term detonation mean anything to you? The combo he's talking about putting together will have less stress than your 451 at the rpm's you run (or should be running) and actually be quite streetable at a low to medium overdrive/boost. You guys have to look at the overall picture of what the mans objectives are. Sure you want short stroke for an all-out TAD-Comp-class motor, but thats not what it sounds like he is doing. I could have built a stock stroke Hemi to run the 7.00 class, but I'd be pulling the pan off every couple of laps to check bearings. That was fun in my 30's but I've got a one, sometimes two man crew now and I chose to build a bigger (557") low boost combo that is just about maintenance free. I pulled the pan once this season, have two seasons on main and rod bearings, and may get a third. My point in all of this is there is no "one size fits all" in this hobby/sport, so for any of you to say this is a dumb combo may want to stick to something you can do better.....

Thaaaak youuuuu......... see now Jimmy and Ronny get the picture.

This motor will not see past 7500 and I want a reliable motor for my goal. No disrespect taken from anyone and I understand everyone chipping in there two cents and I do appreciate the input but not to worry I am in good hands with FHO. :thumb

Last edited by Superfreak; 12/10/11 10:59 PM.