I'm pretty sure my problem is the pan. Everytime I've removed the pan there's one corner where the gasket is really narrow, and it doesn't even look compressed. I will mess with the pan a little more and try the Mopar gasket. Yes, I've sanded the chrome off on the mating surface.

I'm also afraid that I have a small front seal leak. I've noticed a very small amount of fluid at the front of the bell housing. I'm now thinking about also pulling the trans, replacing the front seal, and considering replacing the torque converter while I have it apart. I built the new engine last summer (just a slightly warmer 318 with Whiplash cam), but didn't even think about the torque converter. Probably fine with the stocker, but just toying with this idea right now. I recently picked up a sand rail project and bus engine/trans. Been trying to stay focused on the Belvedere, but it's hard.

BTW, I would really like to add a cast pan with greater capacity, but my car sits pretty low, and the roads around here aren't that great. Not worth the risk.

Daily:
'19 Frontier 4WD
Belle:
'67 Belvedere Convertible, 318/727 in Go ManGo!
Other:
'64 C10, 283/3 on the tree