30 plus years ago there wasn't a choice like today.

I got the car new with the factory RR/Superpack options.

After a few years I tried the best Monroe available, then the best Sears Steady Riders. At this point I had already flatten 3 out of 4 header pipes on my high dollar headers (I think they were a set of Dougs). Going through intersections at high speed made sparks on the driver side header.

The frame was tied on the car. That made a difference you could feel,
I bought the complete S-21 cop handling package (less shocks) from the dealer. This was about year four of ownership. This made a big improvement on the car.

Year 5, I installed a 440/727 from a '68 RR with RR exhaust manifolds and custom bent exhaust with '81 Imperial tailpipes on the passenger side. The bounce in the intersection was back with the extra weight on the nose. That is when I tried the KYB shocks. The combination worked well from that point on. 25 years with the KYB's.

I put 2" TTI's, 3" self made x pipe with cutouts after the X on the car when the eddy heads went on the 440. The heads, headers, and rpm intake made about a 100 plus hp difference, which I verified with timeslips and 3 pulls on an old mustang chassis dyno.

That car was a sweet riding/handling street car. However it was a year round driven car, that was parked in the weather. Certain kinds of rot are just too hard to fix for me, and didn't justify the $$ involved to repair.

That's when I bought an e body to spend $$ on, because anything can be bought to repair those cars. E body cars can be decent handlers. Hotchkis, Firm Feel, XV, etc, etc.

Sold my FED, and other racing related interests, to build and own just one ride that can do it all. By that I mean race a little, drive it a lot; as a daily driver if I wish, or add one of my higher compression 440's, a converter, and a gear for drags, or perhaps try my hand at a Hotchkis sponsored event if I can time things right.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!