I agree with the whole fuel injection for the street vehicle, BUT it isn't impossible to make a carb work well. I admit that I am probably a bit more accepting of small driveability issues when it comes to my daily driver, but my procharged 71 dart is a whole bunch more driver friendly than some of my past N/A vehicles.

I have a 408 with a P600B, self ported Edelbrock heads, hydaulic flat tappet cam, intercooler, 750 quickfuel mainbodied 4150 with E85 metering blocks. It will only make 6 pounds spinning the blower to it's max rpm, but it runs 10.70s @ 127mph with 3.55s all day long. It took a while to fine tune the air bleeds to keep the wideband reading consistant for idle, cruise, and WOT...but, I kinda enjoy that part of the process. It also took some ingeuity to figure out a fuel supply sytem that would feed enough E85 to the engine through single needle and seat float bowls!

Keep in mind that I race at 8500+ feet DA, and drive it to work at 6500ft elevation. For a fairly tame 3600 pound car it is very driver friendly...instant response without any hesitation, no blubbering, and idles pretty decent at 800rpm at the stop lights.

Don't get me wrong, if somebody gave my a nice multiport fuel injection setup I would swap my carb out in a heartbeat!

Pump Gas Small Blocks Rock! 11.53 @ 116mph E85 408 at 8500 ft da, 3605 pound truck, 3.91s, street driven