Issue still remains with engine idling at 1100-1200 RPM and running rich. From what I can see the carb is set to run lean (idle mixture screws are only 1 turn out from being bottomed out) and idle speed is set to lowest...

I am not sure if timing is my cuplrit here or maybe a vacum leak...motor seems to pull a consistant manifold vacum of 15 inches at idle...

you want to make sure the carb is on the idle circut and the curb idle setting is not opening the butterflys to uncover the transition slots makeing it rich at 1200 rpms.

use a timeing light to set base timeing,then use a vac gauge to adjust the air mixture screws to get the highest vac readings,then adjust curb idle,then recheck/adjust all 3 setting agian to dial it in.

if the air scews are that far in and its still fat,i wager it is on the power/crus mode and not the idle circut

I have my 440 dialed in to a 750 rpm idle timeing at 10*BTDC pulls 19 inches of vac

find what the engine likes with the timeing light and vac gauge and adjust acordingly

oh! and change the plugs,they could be fuel fould already,i had mine black and sooted up bad swaping carbs around one time and just need a fresh set of plugs.

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 11/07/11 05:09 PM.