Quote:

Quote:

My brother is building a 440 for a 69 valiant we recently picked up and he had started building this engine awhile ago. The engine is a 440 block .40 overbore, arp main bolts, LY rods, keith black forged flat top pistons, no cam yet but thinking conservative solid roller around 250 @ .50 and .620 lift. edelbrock victor heads standard port not max wedge, comp 1.5 offset rockers, m1 single plane intake, hooker super comp fenderwell headers, no carb yet,or ignition, 3800-4000 9.5" converter he has and 727 manual valve body, 8 3/4 rear spool 35 spline axles and 3.91's. He has most of this stuff already. Guestimate on horsepower and any suggestions on other opinions would be appreciated.

I thought the Victors were already maxwedge ported...guess not...if thats the case, that cam isnt going to be used to its potential, like said...

sounds like its going to be a strip/street machine w/3.91 gears...

what I would do and this is me..I think outa the box at times..have those heads ported and opened up to Maxwedge ports and get the Victor intake from Edlebrock and have it port matched...lose those LY rods...have the entire rotating assembly balanced..etc etc..then you can take advantage of that cam...probably need more like 4400-4600rpm stall..I was using a 5500 on my 448..was a bit much for LY rods..snap

Im sure you will get a lot more dos and donts...

I should have said the rotating assembly is fully balanced. Im not that found of the ly rods but he has them and they have been reconditioned. The converter is new and he can send it in to get the stall speed changed so thats not to big of a deal. He has the intake and from the reading I have done it seems to be a good intake. Yes street strip car. should have mentioned that. comp. should be around 11.5-1 but havent figured it exact as we are not sure of the deck height. The block has been squared and machine work is all done.

67' charger 499 RB 10.57 at 127