Quote:

1000 range, I will be happy with 4.60's 1/8 7.20's quarter I hate to talk hp numbers on moparts you will get attacked from people who read allot of mags who say your numbers are too low and engine builder want to bees who say too high.If it goes 4.60's and lives for more than 300 laps without failure you won't be able to air hammer the smile off my face.

There's no doubt about the HP#'s getting thrown all over the place here. I will tell you what I have, and you decide. My car is 1850#'s with me in it, I run 2 B-1 572's, 15-1 comp., aluminum rods, Ti intakes, with B1 original's. I've gone as fast as 7.32@181 in 1800ft elevation with 16" tire and a wing. I'm sure I could have gone a tenth faster without the wing and 15" tires, but it would have been a wild ride. I'm thinking you'll make at least 50-75 more HP than me with the M/C heads and 2.400 intake valve. And with you being 100#'s lighter, it should go 7.0's on the right tune up and last for 300 runs with normal maintinance, but if you are using steel rods, maybe slightly slower, like .05. But both of mine have been very trouble free race engines, and I think you will love the B1 596 deal. Good luck, and welcome to the "I can spend more money than you and not feel guilty, mostly Chevy" crowd.