yes I know about dynos and how much they can change from brand to brand, shop to shop, operator to operator, even day to day on the same dyno.

shop in town was doing 3 basline pulls for $30, figured with my new 5.9L in the dakota, might as well go see what the torque curve looks like, find out where the best place to shift it ought to be, find out if I'm really running out of head flow above 5,000 rpm and the power is dropping WAY off, etc.

but, since it's spitting out some rear wheel power numbers, and it seems the vast majority of folks out there talk about crank hp when talking about a certain combo, since that seems to be the "universal standard" that takes out gear ratios, autos vs sticks, etc. on power output.

I know that there's no good way to take a chassis dyno and calculate flywheel power, and vice versa, since every vehicle combo will be different, and that the only way to know either number for sure, is to dyno it!

that all being said, I know that Hp is a calculation of Torque vs RPM, and that at 5252 every dyno graph hp/tq curve crosses. but was just curious as to whether or not a chassis dyno uses different formula's to calculate the Hp/Tq, since there's gear reduction/torque multiplication in the rear differential and tire size diameter, and that the torque the chassis dyno is seeing is rear wheel torque, not flywheel torque...and how that correlates to flywheel torque.

ok...now that the dyno pulls are done, I made 285hp and 325 torque. does that mean I'm in the 375 hp ballpark at the flywheel, and 400 ft lbs of torque ballpark at the flywheel? or is my motor making 375/325?

**Photobucket sucks**