when we threw a rod in our 440 that was 40 over or 448", I bought a complete kit that included: Eagle 4.15 crank, Eagle H beams, bearings and rings and JE flat top pistons 55 over for a 499" point something..

the entire rotating assembly was balanced..the block had another sleeve pressed in..lifter bores were bushed..block machined for square and decked to 10.700..

we used the stock caps and line honed them along with cam journals..also machined for Jessel cam belt drive..

I am using CRE's stud girdle kit..

the heads are well massaged Bulldogs with Erson 1.6 roller rockers and shafts..the intake is an Indy 440-3X and the carb is a Holley HP 4500, 1050 CFM which is too small making the engine run rich..the cam is top secret but is a big roller cam..engine builders are so secretive about this and I got my rear chewed when I let out some of it..

on the dyno in a very rich state it made 758hp @7500 and was still peaking so we shut it down...the torque was real close to 700lbs ft..

so how much can a 440, RB block take?...a lot

we retuned the engine giving it another 100hp and still rich..

so it maybe margin-able to most..

BCR made a stud girdle that included some real robust caps...he was selling the complete kit for $850 and I should have bought one for future use..I'm planning on tearing my engine down in the near future to see how the caps are..I may change them and go to the hottest Hydraulic cam I can have cut for the street..should still be in the 800hp range..

thats my take