Saturday I loaded the Valiant (Cuda has a rod sticking out of the oil pan) and headed to the track. You just know your going to have a bad day when there is a guy taking a dump in the ditch on Highway 20.
I had back to back .001 RTs in time trials. That's bad because then I am real gunshy on the tree for first round of eliminations. Ted rolls up behind me in the lanes and sure enough we get paired up. Ted pulls a .031 light to my .054. His win light comes on at the stripe....Oh the horror!
I buy back second round and kill the guy on the tree. Just as I catch him and pass him at half track, my engine shuts off. I coast helplessly and watch him take the stripe. I ran out of gas!
Time to drown my sorrows. Ted gives me a diet Busch and Kevin gives me a Milwaukee's Beast....who said Mopar guys are cheap?

Sunday morning I have to pull out of this dark pit of despair and redeem myself. Ted lost first round so he starts making us lunch. He says I can't eat anything until I lose. Kevin and I mow them down until he lost in the semi-finals. At least it was to a Duster. That left an all Mopar final. I took that one and then had to face the Super Pro/Pro run off. It's after 3pm and Ted still won't let me eat. At this point I am so weak from hunger I am not sure if I can push the tranny brake button.
To my surprise, the Super Pro guy asks me if I want to split the purse. I said sure and went on to take the win!