Quote:

The reason I believe the wheelie bar won't be that effective is too high a center of gravity and to far back. Look at the profile of my Dart. 3020 lbs, had 50 / 50 weight distribution. Lower than your car by a bunch.
Torqueflite, big tires, 4.56 gears. Only 528 cubes. People kept telling me to put weight on the front and it would help, so I finally did. I moved so much weight the car went to 53 percent on the front. It settled right down, with the only requirement being I had to raise the launch rpm to hit the tires enough to get weight transfer.
Now instead of hitting the wheeliebars so hard it unloads the rear tires and spins, It carries the front out about fifty feet nicely in average air, and I am going to have to lower the wheeliebars and tie down the front a touch for great air.
My suggestion was/is to start TOO low with the wheelie bar, so if it doesn't go straight, you will have a much better chance of steering it out of trouble.
If you have the battery in back, put it up front if you can. You will be surprised how much that will help. Just rig up a shut off (solenoid?) that will still work from the rear for safety. Try and lower the car some, but it looks as if that will be hard to do.
You will probably still be too heavy out back, but it will allow the wheelie bars to work with less upset to the rear which causes spin. Keep coming back, guys want to help.

Greg... one of his problems is that he wants to run
a single wheel bar and keep it on center so it looks
cool...plus its short...I like MOST run a dual wheelie
bar and the right wheel is about 3/4 of a inch lower...
but the wheelie bars are a safety item ..... JMO