Evilspirit you have some nice stuff. And about the time I was gonna jump on my soap box I saw your relay panel in the trunk.

Here is my little ole opinion. Many of these kits and panels are extremely attractive and neat. The neat little relay panel everyone mounts in their particular chosen location. Makes for a really nice neat job. But, I am a practical guy. Been doing electrical and electronic work for 30 years.

I would like to show these guys were they mislead their customers. Here it goes follow along. Your battery is most likely in your trunk.(If not disregard everything I am going to tyep). You run a large 15ft cable up to a distribution or simply to your starter realy or starter solenoid. You then run a #10 to your relay panel that is probably fairly short. 15 ft of #14 from the controled side of the relay back to the fuel pump in the rear of the car. 10ft of #14 from the relay panel to your fans, water pump of whatever on the nose of the car. Your fuel pump is now 30ft of wire away from your battery. Your fan and water pump is 25 ft away from your battery. If you run an alternater you run your wire back to the battery so the shut off works unless you have it relay controlled most don't. Your 12 volt battery without an alternater has about 12.8 volts. Put a meter on your fuel pump wire with it unhooked from the pump, 12.8 volts. Hook the pump up and check it. The battery still has 12.5 volts with the 6 amp load on it but, at the pump you only have 11.5 volts. Unless you run #4 welding lead to everything you are gonna have a voltage drop with running 12 volts up 30 ft of wire on anything that requires any power. Evil spirit seems to share my idea you need a realy at the rear of the car so you can pickup power from the battery limiting your circuit to 5 ft instead of 30 ft.

I also run relays up front for the fans. What I currently have looks like crap from ARC their generec relay boards are not pretty but you can do anything with how you want the relay to work. These ultra neat relay centers placed next to your ignition or wherever you choose are extremely neat. On OEM cars they do this for service and assembly but, you have an alternater. Our Magnum has a rear mounted battery and also has a fuse are relay panel in the rear so OEM is catching on too.

I'm not saying to disregard using these nice wiring harnesses but remember where your loads are, like the fuel pump in the trunk. Put a relay back there where it can actually do some good.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.