WOW, 3x the cost??? I don't think so! My Art Morrison cage kit is Chromo, and it wasn't near 3X more for it over mild. And that is just the price of the kit, the install is the same price or less even. The guy that installed my cage prefered chromo, since it is cleaner to work with. I saved the extra cost of the chromo in the price of fabrication.

My chromo "8 point" (it is a 10 point, Art Morrison doesn't count the D Bars) was $520. Same cage in MS is $285. They hadn't done an Aspen before, so they went and found one, and measured it up. It took two weeks to be build, AND shipped to me in Canada.

The shipping weight was 104lbs. This included the 6x6 mounting plates. The kit also came with a drivers door sill bar, and a dash bar, which I used for sub frame connectors. 2x3 would have been better I guess, but with a 10 point cage in the car, it is very stiff.

Going to a 12 point is going to make your front suspension work better too. My next car will have an Art Morrison 12 point ( or 10 point as they call it)

Here are some prices to go off of. Phone the actual chassis companies for this kind of info. I too thought a chromo cage would be way more than a MS unit.

http://www.artmorrison.com/2006cat/54.pdf

-Kenny