Look at the MPH - that provides a good indication of horsepower. The MOPARs are pretty close in MPH.

Speaking of the competitive teams (as defined as teams that consistently go more than one round), its about chassis set up 75% of the time. The other 25% is the driver. I'm factoring in for track prep in my 75% estimate. Let's face it, most of the drivers are robots and you could swap them between teams, give them a couple practice runs and you wouldn't know the difference.

The thing you have to consider is Pro-Stock cars are run on the ragged edge of out of control. Roy didn't start making "GM" power levels until about 2008. When you add 10-20 HP on a car that's set up to a razor blade width, you've got to start all over. Throw in a new chassis and body and the learning curve is steeper. Remember, the Pontiac G6 platform has been in Pro-Stock for what, 4 or 5 years now? That's a lot of chassis set up experience!

I also think the Summit guys don't start to show all their cards until after the 10th race of the season. Check the results, I think they back me up. I think they do their "experimenting" early in the season and don't focus as much on winning races.

As far as testing goes, Johnson does a lot. Mark is a licensed Pro-Stock driver as well and gets his share of seat time. Do the Summit twins test more? Probably, but having a bigger bank roll than any other team in Pro-Stock at this point in time certainly doesn't hurt.

I can't resist saying this...y'all remember back when WJ's notebook went missing for a few months? That information sure gave one Pontiac driver a heck of a nice baseline to start from - if you catch my drift.

Paul