Quote:

i wouldn't block any oil to the top end. the pressures you listed above are fine. we run similar pressures on engines that regularly see 7000+ rpm at the track and get driven hard on the street. it's all about volume, not pressure. open up those main passages so the volume gets to the bearings. you'll be surprised how small some of them are as cast. having the 1/2" pickup is great, but by itself it doesn't help much. you need the other passages opened up for it to be effective. one other thing, replace the rod that spun the bearing, don't repair it. if the one next to it got hot, make sure it's checked out preperly or replace it too. hopefully the rest of the damage isn't too bad.

Will do! I did ordered 2 new rods and a new piston for #6, as it hit the head. I also had to order another crank, mine showed a couple of cracks. I get carried away with things from time to time. The STP thing is one of those times. Maybe it contributed to the failure, maybe not, remember this engine was built in 2004.....
Thanks to ALL for your input, believe me, it is appreciated. Thanks again.
Larry

4 speed street legal. Best time 10.99 @ 124 mph on 93 octane pump gas @ 3926# total weight