Quote:

I probably should've clarified. I agree, the back brace does help, especially for the axle shafts themselves. However, I don't think they'd help at all in this situation, with the common shock loading failure that a 4 speed adds to the equation- I'd guess it is more likely to break the pinion or ring gear than the axles.

They lived behind 383 4 speed B bodies on street tires. It certainly is not going to live behind a 543" RB 4 speed with a street friendly clutch and cheater slicks. The money spent on a backbrace and axle caps should be saved and applied to a Dana or 9". If you can make one on your own for little/no investment, it's not going to hurt anything, but I wouldn't put any faith in it either.

I tried to make my 8 3/4 live in my Charger, as soon as I put decent tires on the car it spit out a ton of rearend parts. U joints, a pinion (in half- not missing teeth), axle (on a drag radial, cutting stellar 2.0 60's at Milan), etc. I never broke a ring gear, but I'd imagine with any more power it would've been next.

Based on the info he gave it wont have a problem