Just wanted to start a thread to document a 1940 Plymouth that Mopar_Ron and I are putting together. I purchased the truck a few years ago, but I started working on it this summer.

We put the truck on a 1980's Toyota pickup chassis and it'll be setup to resemble a traditional' type of hot rod.

I cannot find the photos from when we started, but I'll post the pics I have right now.

Mocking up the front fenders

Ron showed me how to make a cab mount and I proceeded to make the next five. Ron = OVERkill.

We then decided we were going to "squattie" the truck to get it that much lower, so I assembled the front clip, measured where everything looked good, and then marked the cab where the bolt holes are on the fender. Then we pulled the whole front clip off and drilled the holes we marked, while also welding in some nice 1/4" studs to make everything really simple for removal.

After some more examination there was a anonymous vote that the stock plymouth was punched in too bad. Ron had the idea to take a piece 1x1/4" plate and bent it to the contour of the front of his '41 Willys. We then built these center section pieces off of that a some pieces of 1/2"x1/2" tubing. We didn't want to directly copy his, so this will look like a '40 Willys/Hybrid/Custom/Headscratcher.

Mind you, this was ALL done without access to an english wheel.

Last edited by JonsGottaDusta; 08/08/11 09:24 PM.