Quote:

Seriously doubt its the gun; I had one and it was a great little primer gun. Does it look blotchy after you pour it into the gun? In other words, bumpy or somewhat textured? If it is coming out of the gun in blobs, then it is like that(blobs) while its inside the cup. Sounds like either bad primer, catalyst or non-compatible products. Try straining a very small amount and look to see if there are bumps in the strainer.

You could be too far away or be going too fast; its pretty easy to see if its going on wet or not. Put it on wet enough that it almost runs. That is lesson #1 when learning how to prime. Better a little too heavy than too light. Just allow ample time between coats for flashing of the solvents.....which could also be your problem! If you apply ANY material too much/too thick it will "solvent pop" leaving little pinholes/crates and sometimes bumps. I could go on but let me know if any of this helps so far.
Jim

No the solvents look great, good and smooth, nothing in the strainer. Catalyst doesnt do anything funny when mixed. NO, lumpy wasnt correct term but Im no painter so forgive me. Im 99.999% sure it me but not for sure where.

Not really craters either, it just seems almost like dust but it was the primer.

Oh and what air cap would you use, since you have experience with the gun.

Last edited by kilroy; 08/01/11 10:45 PM.

1973 Charger, former SE, former auto

I'm not trying to be difficult, it comes naturally....