Quote:

I should have mentioned that 1974 was the first year that the A body cars came with 3 point seat belts! The lap belt cars would NOT have had any bolts there! I did install 3 point belts in a 73 Dart Sport that originally was a lap belt car. The anchor points were already there. maybe it was a mid or late year build. Regardless, if you have no seat belt bolt holes and do NOT intend to install them, the dome light base is adequate to hold the headliner in place, especially if you have the help from an additional person.
One final note....On one of my installs, I had to trim the headliner where it slips UNDER the windshield gasket. I tried to pry it under but it kept buckling until I shaved 1/4 inch all across the front. I mention this because I just read that yours is a "covered" unit. All mine were simply painted.

I always wondered that on the seatbelts...my roadrunner was a lap belt only also but I put in a shoulder belt..I DO have the screws in there and ive debated on what to do but I know id need some other set up cause the lap belt would have no place to plug into....but I was not sure on the years that did or didnt have them. I will try to have a knife on hand for trimming...I was debating just running the bolts into the holes(if I can find some laying around) just so they are there if I ever do "upgrade" them. its not like it would look horrid or anything..

I got the covered unit because when I bought it they asked me if I wanted it uncovered, covered in vinyl or covered n cloth...so I figured the vinyl would look good plus no extra charge for it so could not go wrong..

TY for the tips guys this is gonna make it go MUCH smoother!