Quote:

Rob,

I know ( I believe because of Monte) that NOS/Holley went thru and changed their instructions fairly recently to much better be inline with current tune ups and systems...they have definately improved..

Yep.

Those compucar instruction the OP accessed are not very good. I'd be on the phone with them to ask flowing fuel pressure requirement, plate jetting and timing retard they recommend, none of which appeared in the instruction from my glance at them. Maybe I missed them.

I agree it's not rocket science, just get a good foundation to work from with fuel delivery, etc. and you're miles ahead.

IMO, 5 psi to the carb is not going to work well, should be in the 6-7.5 range.

The fuel return line straight off the log seems odd and would need a check valve/restrictor in it to maintain pressure in the log. Hard to tell from the picture what exactly is going on. If there isn't a check valve I'd be wary of any fuel pressure readings.

I'd deadhead the fuel system for now. Set the fuel pressure in the log to 7 psi. From the other outlet of your holley regulator, run a line to another regulator, stepping pressure down to 5-6 psi for the fuel solenoid (or whatever compucar recommends).