Quote:

On my 96 ram it would really hang onto the gear it was in and wouldn't shift unless I completely let off the throttle and then it would shift, is this the same problem you are having? If it is, I replaced the governor pressure solenoid, the pressure transducer, and the lock up solenoid and this fixed the problem completely. I also changed the filter and fluid while I was at it. Pretty easy job, you don't even have to take the valve body off, cost me about $400 total.

Bingo !! This is a problem many times with shifting problems. Not all the time of course but it needs to be checked closely. A scanner will give you pressure readings the transducer is sending. This trans still uses throttle pressure mechanically from the throttle pressure rod or cable so it needs to be checked and make sure it is free and working. If it is there is a good chance the Gov pressure solenoid and sensor need replacing. Without a scanner and pressure gauge to test you cant check it out right. But they are not real hard to replace. You have to drop the pan to replace the Gov solenoid and sensor so that way you can see if there is anything in the pan. If its clean you can replace the sol and sensor while in there as its a good chance it will fix it. But the only way to be sure is have it checked by a good tranny man. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 07/30/11 05:08 PM.